Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- This paper or a paper with substantially similar content has not been previously published or simultaneously submitted to another journal.
- An abstract of 200 words or less is included at the beginning of the manuscript. The abstract should include the purpose of the manuscript, a brief description of the sample and methods if appropriate, key findings, and a recommendation. It is not sufficient to state "implications will be discussed." A list of three to five keywords that reflect the content of the manuscript is provided directly below the abstract.
- The manuscript has been sanitized so that the author(s) name(s) are not given.
- A separate title page with title, authors (including full contact information), and any special information is prepared for upload as a supplementary file.
- Identifying information (author name, etc.) has been removed from Word file properties.
- The manuscript is in Word for Windows format with 12 font, double space. Tables and figures are embedded in the manuscript NOT only placed as addendums at the end of the manuscript. The manuscript is no more than 30 pages in length, double-spaced, including references, tables, and figures.
- Citations, references, footnotes, and the overall format of the manuscript should follow the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th edition) style guidelines.
- Manuscript has been proofed and references checked.
- Copyright laws have been abided by.
Copyright to works published in Advances in Social Work is retained by the author(s).
Beginning with Volume 17 Number 2, all articles published in this journal are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.